MyDoc joins MOH Regulatory Sandbox to build sustainable and safe digital healthcare system
MyDoc announces its entry into a Regulatory Sandbox with the Ministry of Health (MOH). MyDoc is making the business of getting well and staying well simpler (and safer) for patients, healthcare providers, insurers and corporates. Since our inception in 2012, we have achieved several firsts for digital health in Singapore and have been shaping the development of digital healthcare in key Asian markets. Our portfolio of innovation includes establishing:
- 24/7 digital pharmacy service in partnership with Guardian pharmacy – a free community service for all Singapore residents where they can easily chat with a pharmacist and consult on minor ailments or any product or medication query.
- Fully insured digital healthcare services for employees of leading Fortune 500 companies
- Digital health screening and video consultation with licensed doctors to identify health anomalies and steer patients towards appropriate personal healthcare treatments
- Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) health screening programme subsidised by the Singapore Health Promotion Board (HPB)
- A health provider for the SME Health+ scheme by HPB to enhance the current healthcare services available and to optimise employees’ capabilities with highly accessible and readily-available medical attention
- Continuing Medical Education accredited event in digital health for members of the Singapore Medical Association
- Digitally integrated chronic disease management programme for patients at risk or patients living with diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension and obesity
- Singapore’s first virtual consultation service with prescription drug, eMC, and e-referral support for continuity of patient care
“Our aim is to ensure every patient receives the right care at the right time that leads to better health outcomes,” said CEO and co-founder, Dr. Snehal Patel.
“We are working hard to remove the “pain” in traditional healthcare. We aim to remove the current inefficiencies in traditional healthcare with our platform, to provide continuous personal healthcare to everyone. MyDoc is user-friendly and can be used anytime, anywhere. With MyDoc, it is easier for healthcare providers and insurers to provide quality healthcare that every patient deserves, at lowered costs.”
MyDoc combines global expertise in healthtech, clinical practice, electronic medical records, finance and legal with the support of renowned medical specialists working closely with software engineers, designers, data scientists and insurance specialists from the largest insurance, broking and consulting firms.
Every patient on the MyDoc platform benefits from an intelligent partnership between new technologies and proven global best practices by licensed doctors (human), and a digital clinical triage.
“Our patients have personal 24/7 access to a healthcare team. If they catch a common cold, they can chat with a pharmacist to get advice for symptomatic relief. If they need to speak to a doctor, they can conveniently hop onto a video call, with 24/7 access to a doctor through our platform. If they go through our digital health screening and a health anomaly is discovered, our patients receive auto notifications and a team of dedicated clinicians support them through tailored programmes which deliver positive health outcomes,” added co-founder Dr. Vas Metupalle.
According to a study of MyDoc’s data, done by the National University of Singapore’s Centre for Health Services and Policy Research and PwC, administering virtual consults potentially translates to six times more follow-up consults and five times more savings for payees over the long term as a result of averted major costs.
Assuming 100% inpatient admissions averted due to early detection from screening and follow-up consults done, with MyDoc, in a cohort of 100,000 people, there can potentially be savings of S$2.9 million in admissions due to diabetes.
With a healthier population comes enhanced productivity and cost-effectiveness. MyDoc is positioned to help Singapore’s healthcare system reach greater heights.